This section of the competition is open only to amateur or independent photographers. If you are a professional follow this link.
We have created three amateur categories sponsored by Janssen, as part of his Health Without Pause initiative, which seeks to highlight the importance of patients with illnesses other than COVID-19, the enormous task that caregivers such as doctors and nurses perform, and the need to protect mental health in these times of pandemic.
Meet our judges here.
This section of the contest is only available through © Instagram.
To enter the amateur categories, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Instagram profile of @poy_latam
- Follow Poy Latam
- Choose one or more photos in the best possible quality according to the category(ies) in which you want to participate: Patients, caregivers and/or mental health.
- It is preferable that you do not use a filter, or that it is the least invasive.
- In the description/caption, briefly explain what is happening in the photo.
- Add the user “@poy_latam” and the required hashtag to the description/ caption according to the category:
Mental Health: #SaludMentalSinPausa
- You can edit the description of a photo previously published this year.
- Uploaded or tagged photos will be accepted until January 2, 2021.
- Images must respect the integrity of the scene and the actual circumstances. Only posed and/or constructed photos are allowed for portraits.
- Each category will have a winner, and each one will receive a prize of $1,000 US
01 Patients: A photograph that captures the experience of patients dealing with diseases other than COVID-19 in this time of pandemic. This category is focused on portraying patients around Latin America who suffer from diseases such as cancer, pulmonary arterial hypertension, multiple myeloma, psoriasis among many others and who have seen the world come to a halt, but their diseases have not. Respect for the dignity of the subject is essential.
02 Caregivers: A photograph that captures the passion and dedication that caregivers (doctors, nurses, health care providers, family and friends) have shown for their patients. This category is dedicated to those who do a quiet job caring for patients or loved ones and have not put a stop to their admirable work.
03 Mental Health: A picture that captures the importance of mental health in times of pandemic. This category seeks to show strategies that people are using to take care of their mental, physical, and emotional health during the COVID-19 pandemic.